Saturday, February 17, 2007

Avenue Jew

I've just been watching this forever, so I wanted to share it. You probably won't get it unless you've seen Fiddler on the Roof and listened to the Avenue Q soundtrack, but it's great.

Avenue Jew



I have so many favorite parts it's hard to pick just one. Of course if I tell you, you'll watch it and be like, "That's not so funny ..." So watch it first.

I'll pick five. In the order they happen.


1 The actor who plays Rod (the one who sings Matchmaker). Not the puppet, but the actual guy holding the puppet. He has great facial expressions throughout the whole thing.

2 What do you do With a BA in Yiddish? (The actor reminds me of Joseph as he sings the second line)

3 Chanaka Eve and Brian singing Do You Love Me? That's my favorite song from Fiddler. Who wouldn't want to be in a relationship with honesty like that?

4 Tradition sung by Tsar Dubya. I don't think I should find this funny, but oh well. It just seems so true. "That's what I said." And aren't his secret service people cute?

5 Ben Brantly is my favorite character. I love his song. I sing it at work. I had no idea who he was before seeing this, and it didn't take much reasearch to figure out all the jokes. Oh, and he's got the greatest little lisp

6 Bielke is great too. In fact, I think I have a crush on her. I love the look on her face at 6:41 and the way her head bobs at 7:02.

7 (this is it, I promise) "Toni Braxton in Aida? Not an actress!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home