Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An Untitled Musical

As of this moment, I have finished scene one to the musical I'm working on.

I like to describe it as being a tender story about cheating.

Which is true, except maybe the tender part. Does that mean it makes you cry? But it's not really about bad cheating. It's more like ...

Moving on with your life. Finding true happiness. Finding your "one true place" (thanks, Lilo, for burning that into my brain). Accepting people. Changing. Staying the same.

That's really the biggest thing. It's about how there are certain things you can't change about yourself. You can hide them, repress them, but it doesn't change.

But it's not like love the sinner hate the sin. It's all just hate the sinner. Beat him up, kill him.


But the first scene is suspiciously similar to Tarzan. In fact, all the music is going to be from the musical. I have this theory that you can tell a completely different stories with the same music. I am attempting to prove it. Besides music, a musical is full of dialogue. Which is the only thing I'm good at. Right Kate??

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo rooinator! im home! u miss me already, doncha?

anwy, i wrote a lttr to your kate about your smo. i'm sure she'll be pleased. thats my job!

 
At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Blogger Roo said...

Please tell me you're kidding. Kate thinks my S'mo is SW.

 
At Thursday, 08 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur smo isnt sw?

 
At Friday, 09 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. she wrote back. don believe me. told her that you did in fact have a smo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home