Monday, March 28, 2005

Kyra’s Easter Egg Hunt

I think at this point I should point out my younger sister had a baby some months ago. About nine. So the little baby is my niece, Kyra Leianne. This year will be her first Easter.

So I had Twimmy hide the plastic eggs so we could practice finding them. I was surprised at how fast Kyrie caught on. She found two eggs before I did. Whenever she found an egg, she would “hand” it to her mother (She hasn’t quite discovered how to let go yet, but she held her egg out).

My mother, Kyra’s Grammy, decided to get out Kyra’s new pink Easter egg basket. Well, babies will be babies. She wanted to play with the basket (it made such a nice hat) rather than look for Easter Eggs.

And when I finally hid the basket, Kyra decided she wanted to go in the kitchen and see what was for dinner. No matter how many times I pulled her back into the living room and put her directly in front of the Easter eggs, she would crawl back to the kitchen.

It's funny. I always said she was a tricky one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home