Thursday, March 01, 2007

Note:

What I wrote below was not really about my dad. Well, the parts that say "dad" are, but the parts about my "parents" are really about my mom. After a conversation today, I think she's really projecting her own fears onto my dad.

Although the conversation left me in tears and swearing that I would never talk to my mother again (a ridiculous thing, if only because we work in the same office) there was one highlight. I was talking, and I finished a sentence with, "... because I'm gay." I've never really said that to her, but it felt really great to acknowledge it.

I thought about calling my uncles to talk to them, since one of them is related to her. The only thing that stopped me was ... well, I can't really say. But it's interesting to see what I'm turning to instead of cutting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home