Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm Never Going to be Good Enough for You

(A/N: This is part two. The beginning of the story is below, which is kind of weird.)

"We're combining nations," Teefer said, chin quivering slightly.

"Oh," I said.

"We're taking over the army and military aspect, and Fernheaven is taking over the goverenment."

"Oh," I said again, shocked.

"Yeah. Our government was going into anachery anyway."

"That's good, then, about Fernhaven."

Her head dropped. "I'm disappointed."

"I know you're disappointed."

"I was the girl that owned a city. But I wasn't good enough. No matter how hard I tried, everything went wrong. Nothing I did was enough. And everybody's going to know."

The girl who owned a city? I wondered. There were no cities anymore! She didn't even rule the nation we lived in. She was only the ambassador.

"It was all I really wanted."

"Don't you think you're being a little dramatic?" I asked. "After all, it was because of Lola's folks, not something personal."

She glared at me. "I wish."

(A/N: I'm still not finished, though this is the end of the "story." There's a part that I want to do from Teef's POV, but I'll work on it later.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home