Tuesday, November 06, 2007

For QWEST

Because I hardly ever talk. Actually, because this was the first time I was there and I was actually bursting to talk. But I thought it was kind of off-subject. So here it is.



I don't understand why coming out has to be a big deal. I mean, I know that it is, but I don't know why it has to be. I try so hard to figure out what the difference between hetero- and homosexuality is.

Let me clarify. This is my understanding: hetero: girl likes boy. Homo: girl likes girl (or boy likes boy).

That's it. That's the difference. So why is it such a big deal when someone is gay? Why does everyone get so freaked out? (By everyone, let me clarify, I do not mean literally everyone. I mean the people who freak out.) I mean, what do they think the difference is? Is there some difference between hetero and homo relationships that I'm not aware of?

This is how I think it should be. Little Eliza Jane comes home after school, and says something like, "Can I have a friend over for dinner? And we're kind of dating, so don't embarrass me in front of him, okay?"

Mom's all like, "Sure, whatever, sweetheart. But I'm making liver and onions for dinner."

Next week, little Eliza Jane comes home after school, and say, "Me and Little Jimmy broke up. But now I'm dating this really cool girl, is it okay if she comes over for dinner?"

"Of course, sweetheart. But I'm making meat surprise for dinner."

What does it really matter who anyone's attracted to? I'm not saying that everyone should be bisexual, I just don't understand why they have to make such a big deal out it if you aren't straight.

Maybe I just watch too much Captain Jack. "You people and your quaint categories."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home