Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another Drabble

These things are fun. It's kind of challenging, but I like trying to capture a moment in only a few words. Here's one I wrote this afternoon, when I decided to take off my sweatshirt.

National Wear a T-Shirt Day

When my girlfriend walked out of the closet, she was wearing a short-sleeved shirt that showed off the numerous cuts and scars that covered her arms. It was an unusual sight.

“Thought you like sweatshirts?” I asked as soon as I recovered from the shock.

She grinned at me. “It’s National Wear A T-shirt Day!”

I glanced out at the falling snow, where temperatures hovered just below zero. Most people were wearing heavy jackets. For some reason it didn’t make sense to me. “Shouldn’t that be in the summer?”

The young woman’s grin fell as she looked outside. “Damn Aussies.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home