Sunday, August 13, 2006

Drabble

I recently learned about drabbles, thanks to Doctor Who. A drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words. So I sat down and wrote one about my anxiety attack. I would post it right now, but I think I'm going to wait until after I "sit down and talk." (I didn't talk to her yesterday, in fact, she never called me back. I can only assume she is in great pain. But it's not like she ever called me before. I doubt we'll talk today, but there is no doubt that when I see her at work Monday she'll say something.)

What the heck. I'll post it. It's called "Panic Attack."

I’d never been so afraid. But I knew I had to hand you the letter right then, at that moment, or you’d never trust me again. I couldn’t bear that.

The moment you left, I panicked. My heart and soul was in that letter. I had admitted that I had fallen in love with you. I thought you would hate me.

I wished that I could take it back, oh how I wished! However, you told me to be completely honest, to admit my love to whoever it was. Bet you didn’t guess.

Bet you thought I liked boys.

I also learned about 55 word stories, or "55-lets." So I wrote one of those, too. But it's about a compleatly different subject. (Thanks goodness! You'd think there's nothing else going on in my life!)

I call it: "What the mother said." I feel as though it doesn't quite capture what happened, and might be a little confusing. I plan to rewrite this as a drabble.

The two year old grinned as she pulled her favorite toy into the living room.

Suddenly her mother yanked the child up by her arm. “No! Trikes don’t belong in the house!”

“What’re you doing?” her sister cried. “You’re hurting her!”

“This is an abusive household. We have to hurt her before our parents do.”



Edit 01/30/07: I took out a word in my drabble. I'm not going to add another one. Just a note saying I did so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home