Monday, December 11, 2006

Clothes Shopping

Today, I went shopping with my girlfriend. Normally, I try to avoid clothes shopping.

But it was fun. Really. Despite what everybody thinks. Although I did tell my girlfriend afterwards that I wanted to turn straight so I didn't have to go shopping again. (*I was just kidding, of course!*)

Actually, it was like shopping with my sister. But it was different because A) we didn't look at baby clothes and B) she's a lot more fun to hang out with than my sis.

Clothes are actually kind of weird. I mean, not the clothes themselves, but the styles. A lot of them I'd never wear. Never even touch, if I could help it.

There were a lot of people there. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I try to avoid going places like that. It takes a lot not to take off running just so I can "escape." My girlfriend says I "blank out," but I don't think that's really what's going on in my head. Some how, when I'm panicked, I convince myself that if I go into my shell and pretend nobody in the world exists but me then everything will be okay.

Another thing: she pointed out that she was the one leading me around the store. I guess it's supposed to be the other way around. That actually remindes me to the oldest horoscope I can remember. It said something like, "you control other people by letting them think they're in control." I told my mom that, and she was like, "Yep. That's you." And though that was about a bazillion years ago, I think it's still true.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 12 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you buy me anything?

 
At Monday, 18 December, 2006, Blogger Roo said...

I didn't buy anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home