Saturday, May 26, 2007

"Bringing Up Ben"

Now that my niece lives in Bham, and I see her literally every day, I've been doing lots of research on the Internet about three year olds. I pass the advice onto my sister, who actually listens. Sometimes.

Anyway, I found this blog called "Bringing up Ben and Birdie" (though I haven't got to the point where Birdie is born yet.)

I should write about all the things my niece says and does. I would call it "Annie Roo Pirate."

For example:

Today I took KK to the park. The moment we got out the door, she asked, "Annie, do you have money?"

"Yes, I do," I answered, thrilled that she understood the concept.

My excitement didn't last long, though it became clear she did, in fact, understand what money was for. "You can buy me some ice cream from the ice cream truck!"

... right. But that reminds me of a few weeks ago, when KK insisted she wanted "Poscos" for lunch. I thought she was saying "Costco," until she pointed at a box in the garbage can. Popsicles, duh.


At the park, they have this little bridge that moves if you jump on it. My niece hopped excitedly on it, yelling to me, "Let's jump like hobos!"

(Later, I was told that she meant "Bobo" from "Diego," but I liked mine better.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home