Monday, October 31, 2005

Kitchen Floors and Nano Rhinos

On Friday, my wash rack was closed. It didn't matter too much, at least not at first, because I was taking the Meter Reader Test. (It is a HARD test.) In the afternoon, I swept the floor, did the cardboard and cleaned three grease barrels.

Saturday was even better. A few weeks ago, my mom put new flooring in the kitchen. Well, it was lunch time, and I was looking for something to eat. In my socks, I lost traction, and was brought to the floor by my new best friend, gravity. It wouldn't have been so bad if the baby hadn't been right behind me. In midfall I twisted and ended up landing on my right wrist.

I had to wear a brace, and it cut down on my words per minute. My actual WPM is something like 30-40, even though those dumb sites say I type about 2. If I can do 300-400 words (or more!) in ten minutes, then I can certainly do 30 in a minute.

About the Rhino: My story just took a new turn. I decided last week that I would write about Rider's adventures as he travels across the New USA. God's Sister in Law told him too.

Well, I was reading the dare thread on the NaNoWriMo website, and I came across one that works perfectly.

There's this new religon. People worship "The Author." Pens and pencils are sacred. And The Author actually resembles me. So, for my story, The Author is God's Sister in Law. He married her sister, Muse. The are taking a couple thousand years for their honeymoon (I guess). So The Author is looking after all the planets God made. And messing them up.

"Oh, I just thought the human population was too big."

But this isn't necessarily true, it's just what some people believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home