Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tales From the Washrack

The Following is an urban legand, passed down from car washer to car washer. (Okay, not really.)

About once a month at work we have an all-hands meeting that is suppose to raise our moral. This month, we were talking about our motto. I had spent all morning listening to the radio, to Elf 100 point 5.

I always hated coming into the lunch room to talk about dumb things. It was a waste of my time. Plus, the boss always picked on me, saying "I bet our car washer knows!" In fact, once we were talking about how to make another's co-worker's day. The boss was saying, "And what's a great way to greet your co-workers in the moring? I bet our car washer knows!" and I replied, "Leave me the Hell alone!" But that's a different story.

Today we were talking about our motto. Mr. Boss Man stands in front of all the workers, and says, "I'll bet everyone in here knows our motto! In fact, I'll bet our car washer knows!"

Someone snickered.

"No, really. I'll give everyone in this room twenty bucks if she doesn't know. Come on, kid, give us the Phrase the Pays!"

"Elf 100 point 5 is my favorite radio station," I say, and then turn bright red. See, on the station, they always ask calleres to give the "Phrase the Pays." He certanly phrased that question wrong! I still haven't lived it down.

2 Comments:

At Friday, 28 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought you said "Mix." Also, did you ever write that letter to Mitch Eliot?

 
At Friday, 28 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You wrote a letter to Mitch? Was it a love letter? I thought you were going for the cute fire dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home