Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another Note To SW

You know, I'm having a hard time telling my parents that I'm like girls.

It doesn't make sense. Both of them, on compleatly seperate occasions without the other around, have told me that it's okay for me to date girls, that they would support me either way. (Boy, was I shocked.) Obviously, they suspect it, and have no problems with it.

I still can't just say it though, even if it wouldn't be compleatly random to bring up. I don't want to lie, but ...

Honestly, I think the best time to tell them would be if I'm actually dating someone and we're "together" (or whatever the word is). Otherwise, what does it matter?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 08 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a link to this blog in your sig on Nano forums, so I thought I'd check it out. ^_^

If your parents say they'll be cool with it, then they probably will be. When I told my parents I was into girls, they were fine. My mom basically said "That's nice dear" because nothing I do shocks her any more, and my dad said "You know, I was ambiguous about my sexuality when I was your age," which left me emotionally traumatised. ^_^ Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything'll be OK.

And about the SI - I found that counting days adds too much pressure and adds to urges. Best way to -not- SI is to avoid stress, and day-counting makes it worse. What I did was make a note in my diary around the time I realised I'd gone a couple days without it, and check back occasionally to see how long I could go. It's been about 8 months now.

Good luck with everything. ^_^
-Kirsten (kirstenbernard@yahoo.co.uk , msn: silver_dragon@animefan.net)

 
At Tuesday, 30 January, 2007, Blogger Roo said...

I was just looking back on this ... isn't it odd that, like, five days later I started dating Katie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home