Sunday, October 22, 2006

Disney Songs

I was going to post this yesterday, so I could have three posts in one day, but the site was down, so here it is now. (Maybe I'll post three times today to make up for it, but I actually have stuff to do.)

Last night, I was watching The Little Mermaid (not because I wanted to watch it, but I had to make sure it wasn't too scary for my niece to watch. I'm a cool aunt like that; sacraficing an hour and something of my time to make sure she doesn't have nightmares. *LST*)

Anyway, I was struck, not for the first time, by how clever some of the lyrics are, and what they're teaching young children.

The first was from The Lion King, the song ... I think it's from Can you Feel the Love Tonight. I was listening to John Barrowman sing it while I was stuck in traffic in Seattle, and a line caught my attention. Are you ready for this?

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kalidescope moves us all in turn.
I can really relate to that. I won't say how, 'cause people tend to get mad at me. But anyway, that just struck me in the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home