Friday, February 02, 2007

I Was Walking with a Ghost

Last night, Kate asked me to drop by her work to see her new hair. Well, not new, but whatever. So, though I already had plans, I went.

We talked a bit, and I gave her a necklace I made her. Very flamboyant (which means "richly colored". She wouldn't even wear it. (Not that I blame her. I wear my own under my sweatshirt.)

I know people are impressed at my jewelry making skills. But I wanted one just like SW has. Okay, so the ones I made look nothing like hers. But homemade is better. And you know what I used? I couldn't find beads that were the colors I wanted except in the children's section. Maybe we are trying to brainwash our children. I found some "activity beads" (that's what they're labled). They're supposed to be for ironing so they form cool shapes or something.

But this isn't about me. So, after we put her necklace back together, she said something about how we were going to meet up on Monday (for QWEST). I was like, "yep."

And then she made a comment about how I "pretended to be so cool." What was I supposed to say? And what the heck did she mean by pretend?? Unable to provide a good answer I turned around and left. (I was late anyway.) All I could think was "girls," as I shook my head, amused.

"Her mind's made up, the girl is gone ..."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home