Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some Girl

It was inspired by several songs, but most notably "Some Genius." Though I hadn't "heard" it since I was in middle school, one particular phrase stuck with me. Wade sings, "I walked with you through places unseen. You held my hand. You made me scream."

The other song is She Says. Which I know surprises everybody since I mention it every other day. It's because of the line, "And when she says she wants someone else, I hope you know she doesn't mean you." I can't be in Howie Day's head, but it kind of sounds like he's talking to himself. So I wrote something where I was talking to myself.

Another song is Meet Virginia. I read somewhere that it's not about one girl, but several. My song is not about one person. It's about the three girls I loved most. I won't list them here, but if you really want to know, just look at them little taggie things.

But is it any good? I have no idea. Some say it's better than "Mission From God," but I don't think I'm the best judge. I like to sing it, though.

It's about ... unrequited love, mostly. Being taken advantage of. Failure. Self perception. Kate made the comment that (this is her talking -->) "I really liked it, but it makes me feel like there's quite a bit of truth in it."

But that's kind of the reason I don't want anybody to read it. Because it's true. It's not like "Mission From God," which I will sing happily at the top of my lungs.

My favorite line is "Love is something you can't say." I think that's very true. I think others would agree.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 31 January, 2007, Blogger Roo said...

"I really liked it, but ..."???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home