Thursday, May 05, 2005

"Calculating God"

I read a book last night, "Calculating God," and it was really interesting. I was up until 10:00, which is really late for me, considering what time I get up in the morning. I slept in.

I got it from the library because it is the opposite of my "Against Logic" stories, as I'm calling them now. Basically, this alien comes to Earth with proof that God really does exist. The Kinssa, on the other hand, have proof that God doesn't exist.

Regarding this whole whether-or-not a god exists business, I don't necessarly agree with the the Kinssa as a whole. Jadie admits that most of the Kinssa are atheists. However, Jadie is not, and, later, it is reveled that Keiki is not (after almost destroying Jack's faith). Both Keiki and Jadie are agnostic, willing to believe that it is possible that some deity exists. But neither one thinks that "God" should be worshipped, if he does exist. As Jadie says, "If I were God, I wouldn't want people constantly praying to me saying 'oh, thanks for the good weather!'"

What I actually wrote today:

1. I finished the sceen where Jadie and Jack are looking at the Kinssian writing on the walls, and Jadie finds a mistake.(Some old Kinssian scholar wrote up in a discreet area that "On the first day, a deity created light and it was good" and Jadie knows that back when that was written, no Kinssian believed that. Of course, it's all in geometric shapes that stand for ideas, not words, and have lots of meanings, so the mystery is quickly solved. Read it backwards and it says that at the time that the Lieums (the bad guys) came, there were three million billion Kinssa that were on off-world missions. Of course, 'off-world' is 'spelt' wrong, and Jadie realizes that the meaning is 'not in this universe.)

2. They go find Keiki who is fishing. Jack comments on the purple trees, Jadie is offended (or so one would assume. She made a comment about her purple hair) and Jadie thinks humans are dull. Eventually Jack is going to ask why the Kinssa would need such colorful hair (after all, the Kinssa have proved evolution). I'm not going to say why, because I'm not positive yet. (That doesn't mean I have no idea. I actually have one, but it might change.) However, I'm not sure where the sceen is going. Originally, it did help, but I changed the storyline a little.

In other news, last night I was playing "I'm going to get you" with my niece (such a creative name) where I let her crawl in front of me, and tell her that--well, you know from the title. Anyway, I guess she likes being tickled, because she'll crawl for a little bit and then suddanly lay down nonchalantly as if maybe she fell or something and wait for me to get her. It's so cute.

Also, her birthday is coming up soon, and I'm suppose to get her the "Pocohauntus" DVD. What I'm actually getting her is musical instruments.

By the way, if anybody actually reads the stuff I write (I know I don't) and wants to read the Kinssa story, let me know. This way I know whether to spend my Friday afternoons working on my Anth paper or typing up stories about Jadie, Jack, and Keiki.

Shade and sweet water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home