Monday, January 15, 2007

A Real Conversation

My friend: I think you might be trying to reconcile something in your past ...
Me: You mean like that time I tried to seduce [Red] in the band room?
My friend: You never told me really about that
Me: Oh. forget I said anything.


Yeah. Those were the good old days. I miss her. Red, that is. Actually, I saw her brother the other day, and I tried to ask him how she was doing and get her phone number or something, but he pretty well ignored me. So if you wouldn't mind, please go to his myspace page and ask him for his sister's phone number.

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to write about. There was actually another part of our conversation that got me thinking, and not about cute girls. We were talking about my insane need for codes. Well, actually, to quote what she said:
"Some things in your past still bother you which lead to being extra wary about letting people in to see how you truly feel. [For example,] codes, vagueness, dislike of anyone getting close physically even for a hug."
When I asked her what events might have contributed (as obviously the band room incident wasn't that bad) because I'm (oh what's the word?) some word that means I don't know, because I'm stupid. Okay, maybe not stupid. But it's a word kind of like that. I will edit this out when I think of the word.

Okay, anyway, I once again visited the idea that my stories are (usually) code for things going on in my own life, except with scary aliens. I was telling her about stories I wrote during that time, like "Untitled," which is about a girl who is a genie hunter (no aliens) who is held captive by a (apparently) super powerful guy named Slur. She tries to get her brother, who is an astronaut in our world, to save her, because she thinks he is the only person Slur is afraid of. It turns out that the person Slur is afraid of is really her.

I like that one, because despite the abuse she suffers throughout the tale, she remains happy go lucky.

Another one I brought up was "Another Untitled Story," which was about a girl (who I believe had the same name as the one from Untitled) who is held captive by my famous Lieums. It was the first story with Adam in it. The girl doesn't talk, but Adam feels there is potential, despite what everybody thinks. He ends up finding out that she's more than he bargained for, and that he is quite naive in the ways of his world.

So, at this point, I had to dig out my old notebooks. Stories from elementary school, middle school, high school. But one caught my eye. One that is surely not in code. Sure, it takes place in outside space (the setting is based on Ender's Game), but other than that, it's not hard to see what was going on in my life at the time. Either that, or I was able to accurately predict the future.

It is called "America's Best-kept Seceret" (and you thought it was going to be "Yet Another Untitled Story"). It's about a girl named ... oh,yeah. She got the same name as everyone else. I really liked that name, I tell ya. Anyway, she's got a boyfriend who's name is Adnam, which I'm not quite sure of the origins of. He is very protective of her. When she shows up covered in wounds, he rushes to help her, babying her. But when they are alone, it is a different story.

"...And only because I won't rat you out."
"And why wouldn't you? You'd get me grounded ASAP."
"Ha," she answered.
"I do love you, you know."
"You've got a funny way of showing it."
...
"I don't know what you're planning, Jarasia, but don't try anything.:
"Why would I?" she asked.
"If I get grounded, I'll kill you first. I don't care if the whole world's watching."
"Your mother would be proud."


Yeah, I did edit part of it out. I just didn't want to type out the part where Adnam's beating her up. Ah, well, she was asking for it anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home