Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dinner

Last night my girlfriend came over for dinner at my grandparents house. (I really should come up with a good code name for her. Should call her Hat, 'cause she likes hats, but I already have a "friend" I call Hat, and it's short for something not so positive.)

So anyway, there I was, driving to her house. It was like Noah's Ark, pouring down rain like I haven't seen the whole time I've lived up here. I get there, making sure I don't try to squeeze into a spot that's too small for me -- when will her neighbor's learn to park INSIDE the lines? (I just switched tenses. How cool am I?) I called her, and after about 100 minutes (okay, not really) she came out. We drove out to Fundale.

My family, of course, throughout the whole dinner talked about calls we got at one time or another. My girlfriend just could not relate. But, seriously, seeing as four of us work (or worked, in the case of my grandmother) in the same place, it's the only thing we seem to talk about.

We called my uncle and talked for awhile. I told him the true story of how we met, at the Black Drop. But we like to say "the store" because it's code. I love code. My favorite part of the (true) story is, "There I was, minding my own buisness ..."

Then we watched Doctor Who. I didn't think she's really want to watch that, but she did. She knows it's my favorite show.

Then we went home. My house. Don't tell my mom, she might not approve. (Actually, she's aware that my girlfriend's stayed the night at least once. I don't think she's knows that it's actually been like three times.) And then we woke up. I get up way earlier than she does, and go to bed earlier too. That kinda sucks. I used to wake up early so that I could be alone. Now I just wake up early 'cause I can't sleep.

And now we're sitting on the couch, and she's reading snippets over my shoulder, so I have to be really careful what I write. (No, I'm just kidding. She'll probably go home tonight, and look this up just so she can see what I wrote. She says, "No I won't" but I don't believe her.)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 05 November, 2006, Blogger Roo said...

Ha ha. What'd I tell you. She did look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home