Sunday, November 05, 2006

Songs

For my Nano novel, there's this singer that both of my MC's like. His name is Bon Jarrowman (go figure.) He writes lots of "innocent" love songs.

The problem is, I have to write them.

Here's some classic example of the songs I write:
(To the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)

La la la la Chico's World!
La la la la Chico's World!
La la la la Chico's World!
La la la la Chico's World!
I pretend that Chico wrote that, by the way. She tries to tell TMC (aka, me) that Chico's World could be an addition to The Chico and Sno Show.

Which I wrote the theme to. Here goes:
(To the tune of James Bond)

Chico and Sno and Chico!
Chico and Sno!
Chico and Sno and Chico!
Chico and Sno!

Chico's the funny one
And Sno's the looney one
Chico's the funny one
And Sno's the looney one
(I wrote it in seventh grade, okay??)

Last year, for Nano, I wrote a brilliant one. It was an excert out of a musical about a psycho. It's called Mission From God, and I can't tell you the tune, 'cause I made it up.
I'm on a mission,
A mission from God
I'll tell you what I'm doing
Though it might seem kind of odd

I'm on a mission
To do what's right,
To correct all spelling errors
In the bathroom, day and night
Of course, like I said, I had to write some of Bon Jarrowman's songs. Here's one snippet, from a song called something or other:

“You somehow find you love her, though it’s only been a day,
Somehow, find you love her, but you don’t know what to say
To say to make her love you, the way you love her so
You have to find the words, or else she’ll never know”

And from Jarrowman's song, "Somebody" (kind of based off the same idea as the song "Being Alive"). It's sort of dumb, but I'm hoping to expand it.

“Somebody wake you up early
Somebody keep you out late
Somebody make you feel lousy
Somebody make you feel great”

And here's the final one I wrote today. It doesn't have a name yet. It's (ha, get this) based off a true story. It might be a little dumb, though.

“You hang her picture on the fridge
And stare at it awhile
‘Cause every time you see her face
You can’t help but smile”




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home