Saturday, November 11, 2006

Get This:

I wrote another story. Yep. *Bangs head on keyboard* I'm s'posed to be working on my Nano novel! Grr. Darn these plot bunnies.

I used a weird voice though, to tell it. I picked third person limited. I don't think I've ever written in that one before. It was hard, considering I told the whole thing with absolutly no dialouge. I'm sure the characters talk to each other, but I was trying to allude to a very silent enviroment.

Word Count: 1606. I pounded it out in two hours, while surfing the internet and cleaning.

Plot: Basically, one girl helps another find herself.

~Spoilers~ (But it's not like I'm going to post it anyway, unless someone asks.)

Okay, aliens captured a bunch of humans. They have to exercise them, of course, so every day, they have to walk. The main character, who the one the POV is following, is called Slightly and she's a "Line Leader" meaning she leads everyone around the arena for an hour at a time. That's all the she does all day.

One day, she sees her old (not really ex-) girlfriend, Sarah Jane, fighting and arguing. She tries to help calm her down, but fails. The aliens take her away.

Several months later, she is training to become a Line Leader. (What a clever term there.) But she's not really doing it because that's what she wants to do. She just wants to be close to Slightly. Even though it's been almost eight years since Slight diasappeared.

Slightly's really tough on her. She forces her to do walk through mud and water, into walls and stuff.

Then comes dinner. A girl starts showing Slightly lots of affection, and Sarah Jane is mad. Turns out, Slightly and Charlie (I just love the name Charlie. It's the name of a girl I admire) are together, and that's why Slight hasn't returned Sarah Jane's affection. She's actually mad that Sarah hasn't let go of her after all that time. She still cares for her, but she rationalizes that if she had escaped, and gone back to Earth, she wouldn't have cried to see SJ in someone else's arms.

The days go on, and Slight is harder and harder on SJ and the humans that she's "walking." They get mad and start to rebel, but she beats them up.

One day, there is a new determination in her eyes. Sarah Jane is going to show up Slightly. And she does, too. Although she seems unhappy at first, Slighty is quick to prove that Sarah Jane can make it on her own. Good things immediatly follow.

So, Slightly was showing SJ tough love. This probably sounds like the dumbest thing ever.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to take a (maybe not so) wild guess here. This is not really a man vs. man story. It's one of your "codes" for man vs. self. You were always good at turning different parts of your personality into different characters.

Interesting how one character beats up the other, until she's strong enough to stand on her own. Just what are you trying to say?

BTW, you still owe my $10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home